Smart and Skilled
We are an approved Smart and Skilled training provider which is contracted to deliver NSW government-subsidised courses. Smart and Skilled is helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers. You must meet eligibility criteria and provide specific documented evidence. Visit the Smart and Skilled website for more information.
Qualifications subsidised by Smart and Skilled
- MAR20321 – Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
- MAR20421 – Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)***
- MAR30821 – Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal)
- MAR30921 – Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 Metres Near Coastal)
***NSW Job Trainer/Skilling for Recovery (Free-Free) training courses available for MED3 up until December 2022. Eligibility criteria applies,click here to find out more.
Further information on these subsidised courses can be found on our Sydney Maritime Institute website which is a division of Superyacht Crew Academy providing training courses for people wishing to work on Australian Commercial vessels.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
How much will Smart and Skilled training cost?
Each government-subsidised qualification has a fixed price (regardless of training provider), which is determined by the NSW Government and is dependent on your eligibility. Approximate course fees are displayed on our Sydney Maritime Institute website and any additional pricing outlined.
How to Apply:
- Submit an enquiry form or call us today to discuss your eligibility for subsidised training.
- If eligible, we supply you with enrolment forms and information required to proceed with your enrolment which you then return to us.
- Once approved you will be sent a confirmation outlining your enrolment with final details and pricing structure to secure your place.